Which me do you know?

girl mirrors

I show my friends different sides of me, and I don’t mean my ‘bad side’ or ‘ugly side’. I mean that no one really knows me completely because I’ve never shown the different sides to me to the same person. The carefree side, the moody side, the nerd side, the fangirl side, the depressed side…you get the idea. That is what the image above depicts; which me have I shown you?

If my best friends got together, they would probably have a 90% visual of me. The other 10% will be the parts when life is not good. The parts I show no one because whats the point? It’ll get better right? So why dwell on it. I simply give myself a few days to process it, be moody, distract myself and then when its been long enough, its time to get my shit together and be “normal” again.

It hasn’t been easy but I’m letting myself be me more around my friends. I want them to know me, like actually know me, and that is going to take time. Its a work in progress..only time will tell how I fare.

I wonder if anyone feels like I do. I don’t know what it is that prevents me from being me right from the start but I do know that it is okay to be me, all of me. Important life lesson: be yourself because at the end of the day, you have to live with yourself. So you have to like the person you are. 

BE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF ❤

 

P.s. This is a little something I wrote awhile back but it means a lot to me because its something that I am still working on in order to be who I want to be. I just wanted to post something and this was on my mind, so there you have it.

 

You Asked

You asked how we managed to find each other

You asked what I thought about you

You asked why we had to live so far apart

You asked if we would ever get to meet

You asked me to stay

You asked me to trust you

You asked me to open up

You asked if I still wanted this

You asked if i would hurt you

You asked if i was different

You asked if I could trust you

You asked if this would be forever

You asked if I would leave

You asked for space

You asked me to wait

So I wait

 

— my 1st attempt at poetry in almost 7 years. It’s not good but like I said, I’m going to post my random thoughts. Plus, practice and critique is what I seek in order to improve —

Sooo I’m actually going to do this..

Hey hey everyone! Welcome to my blog where I’ll talk about anything and everything. It could be books, TV series, food, music, sports, relationship issues (or lack of one actually), etc. Basically I’m just gonna write about whatever is on my mind at the moment.

So let me explain the name “Give it a Girl“… seems random right?? Well I assure you that it is! Basically it’s based off the phrase “give it a whirl” which is pretty much saying “go out there and try something new” and y’know since I’m a girl I figured a twist to it would be cool and so “Give it a Girl” was born. So here I am, trying something new. Lets see how it goes 😉

I am not a very good writer, and many many years out of practice (highschool is probably the last time I wrote anything creative which was like 6 years ago, so hopefully y’all will be patient with me). I’m hoping that by writing frequently on this blog, it’ll help my writing get better. So feel free to critique me guys, I could use all the help I can get!

I am an avid Twitter user so this is going to be like tweeting except its way more than 140 characters…HALLELUJAH!!! I’ll try not to repeat topics so much to keep things fresh.

P.s. if there’s anything in particular you want to hear my thoughts on, just let me know and I’ll give it a go. Ask questions. Anything at all, just drop a comment 🙂

Hope y’all stick around for my posts.

Later gators